Connect with us

News

New Hampshire’s Executive Council rejects funding for sex education program

Published

on


Three Republicans on New Hampshire’s Executive Council held the majority vote to reject funding for a sex education program outside of school for adolescents that aims to reduce teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.

The vote was 3-2 against the program on Tuesday, with Republican Councilor Janet Stevens joining Democrat Cinde Warmington voting for the $682,000 in funding.

The council has approved the contract in the past. Councilors raised concerns this year about parents not having enough of a say in the program.

NEARLY 50% OF HUMAN POPULATION SUFFERS FROM ORAL DISEASES, ACCORDING TO WHO

The program would have served nearly 1,000 people in Manchester and in the Claremont/Sullivan County area, both identified as having the highest teen birth rates in the state, Health and Human Services Commissioner Lori Shibinette said.

New Hampshire's Executive Council voted to reject funding for a sex education program outside of schools.

New Hampshire’s Executive Council voted to reject funding for a sex education program outside of schools.

Democratic U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is “actively working” to determine how to deliver federal funds to the program, a spokesperson from her office said in an email.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In July, the council rejected for the fourth time in less than a year family planning contracts that would have funded cancer screenings, testing for sexually transmitted diseases, and other routine health care services. Republican councilors previously had raised concerns that public money would pay for abortions and continued to vote no even after audit reports confirmed that funds were not commingled.



Source link

News

World Cup 2022: Fifa opens disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay FA and four players

Published

on


Breaking news

Host nation: Qatar Dates: 20 November-18 December Coverage: Live on BBC TV, BBC iPlayer, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Cymru, BBC Sounds and the BBC Sport website and app. Day-by-day TV listingsFull coverage details

Fifa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay’s football association and four players over their conduct at the end of their final World Cup group game against Ghana.

Uruguay beat Ghana 2-0 but went out on goals scored, finishing third behind South Korea in Group H.

Uruguay’s players reacted furiously at full-time, confronting the referee and appearing to manhandle an assistant after they failed to award a penalty after a coming together between Darwin Nunez and Alidu Seidu.

Jose Maria Gimenez, Edinson Cavani, Fernando Muslera and Diego Godin all face potential punishments for breaches of Fifa’s disciplinary code relating to offensive behaviour and misconduct.

More to follow.

BBC Sport app banner

Get the latest results and goal notifications for any team at the Fifa World Cup by downloading the BBC Sport app: Appleexternal-linkAndroidexternal-linkAmazonexternal-link

BBC Sport bannerBBC Sounds logo

Get your daily dose of Fifa World Cup reaction, debate & analysis with World Cup Daily on BBC Sounds

Around the BBC footer - Sounds



Source link

Continue Reading

News

England cruises past Senegal 3-0 to reach World Cup quarterfinals

Published

on




England reached the quarterfinals of the World Cup for a second tournament in a row thanks to a comprehensive 3-0 victory over Senegal.



Source link

Continue Reading

News

Iran to disband morality police amid ongoing protests, says attorney general

Published

on



The move would mark a concession to protesters but it has not been confirmed by other authorities.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending